Chip Rock Mulch
CHIP ROCK MULCH…only available here! For all alpine/rock garden enthusiasts, here is a chipped rock medium for mulching your choice alpine plants. The chips are jaggedly cut in 1/4″ to 1/2″ pieces to prevent soil compaction. This chip rock medium is placed beneath the stems, around the crown and the top of the soil surface. The benefits are:
- Speeding up drainage in times of excessive rains.
- Aeration of the underside to prevent stem rot.
- As a mulch to reduce the need for watering in hot summers.
- Keeps the root system cool to assist root growth.
- To stop soil erosion and soil splashing.
- To prevent the emergence of weeds, if placed thick enough.
- To prevent frost heaves in heavier clay soils.
CHIP ROCK is available in 10 and 20 lb. bags at the G.H.